Makita DTD171 Impact Driver Review
In This Review, Find Out If The DTD171 is Suitable For Your Needs!
DTD171 Review Rating: (4.7 / 5)
Makita DTD171 Key Features
- Compact size: 116 mm in length
- Plenty of power: 180Nm of torque, 3,800 IPM and 3,600 RPM.
- 4 Stage impact power adjustable speed settings (Max, Hard, Medium, Soft)
- 4x assist mode variations (Wood Mode, Bolt Mode, T-Mode for thin metal, T-Mode for thick metal)
- Quick switching function with memory button above trigger
- High quality brushless motor to ensure long tool life and max power at all times.
- Variable speed trigger with forward reverse rotation
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit installation
- Twin LED job lights with pre-glow and after-glow features
Without Battery (DTD171Z)
With Battery (DTD171)
|Makita DTD171 Specs|
|Impacts Per Minute||3,800|
|Max No Load Speed (RPM)||3,600|
|Battery Type||18V Lithium-Ion LXT|
|Adjustable Speed Settings||4 power Modes + 4x Assist Modes|
|Variable Speed Trigger||Yes|
|Max Bolt Diameter||M16|
Makita DTD171 Review
DTD171 Review Rating: (4.7 / 5)
If you’re looking for a powerful and efficient impact driver, the Makita DTD171 is a great impact driver to consider. This Makita impact driver is designed to deliver maximum power and performance, making it perfect for a wide range of applications.
In this review, will take a closer look at some of the key features and benefits that this impact driver has to offer.
The Makita DTD171 impact driver is made with a heavy duty brushless motor that produces up to 180Nm of maximum torque. This makes it perfect for all kinds of jobs, from driving large screws into tough materials to installing small fasteners in tight spaces.
It also comes equipped with an electronic speed control system that allows you to adjust the speed and power output as needed. More detail on the speed and power settings below:
4x Assist Mode & 4 Stage Impact Power Selection
The Makita DTD171Z brushless impact driver comes with 4x assist mode variations for different materials such as wood, thin metal plate, thick metal plate and bolts.
4 stage impact power selection mode variations impact power selection that lets you control it to suit a variety of applications. The special modes change the impact ratios and speed to allow for various impact characteristics. You also get the following modes.
- Wood mode – This mode will start off at low RPM to give you more precision at the beginning of driving the screw, once it requires the impact function, the RPM speeds up.
- Bolt Mode – This mode helps stop run off. When unfastening bolts and nuts, the impact driver can detect when the bolt is loosened and stops.
- T-Mode 1 (Mode for thin metal) – This mode is for fastening self-drilling screws into thin metal plate/sheets. The impact driver will start off at full speed to help pierce the metal, once impacting is required the driver will stop.
- T Mode 2 (Mode for thick metal) – This mode is for thick metal plate/sheets. It uses enough power to ensure the screw does not break or strip.
4-Stage Power Select Modes:
- No Load Speed: 3,600
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,800
- No Load Speed: 3,200
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,600
- No Load Speed: 2,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 2,600
- No Load Speed: 1,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 1,100
The variable speed trigger lets you fine-tune your settings, while the powerful yet compact design makes it easy to use and handle even in confined spaces.
Quick Mode Switching Function With Memory
Located above the trigger is a quick mode switching function button that allows you to control the quick swift modes. In the quick shift function, you can program any two of the 4-stage power selection modes that you find yourself using often during a job.
The Makita DTD171 impact driver also comes with an LED light that makes it easier to see in low-light conditions. This is especially useful when working on projects at night or in dark areas.
Design and Durability
Another great feature of the Makita DTD171 impact driver is its ergonomic design. The rubberized grip provides enhanced comfort during extended periods of use and helps reduce user fatigue.
Finally, the Makita DTD171 impact driver is built for durability and reliability. It has a reinforced metal body construction and a protective rubber boot that helps protect the tool from dirt and debris. The tool also features anti-vibration technology to ensure you get maximum performance with minimal vibration for smooth operation.
In summary, the Makita DTD171 impact driver offers great value for its price and is currently the best Makita impact driver. Its powerful motor ensures maximum torque, while its ergonomic design provides enhanced comfort during long days of work. For those looking for a reliable and powerful impact driver, the Makita DTD171 is an excellent choice.
Impact Driver Reviews
Self-Proclaimed Property Maintenance Expert
Welcome to ToolPick.co.uk, My name is Ken Miller, I am a very photo shy individual, but would like an image that represents me on my site, the animation on the left describes me perfectly, and will be a common theme throughout the site.
I have a lot of knowledge on general property maintenance that I would like to share. I have been involved in property maintenance for the last 22 years and have gained a wide range of knowledge on various topics that come under property maintenance.
ToolPick.co.uk will specialize in recommending tools and products that that fit under the home and garden category. I do get a commission on products I recommend, however, I will always give my honest opinion on recommended products.
Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org